Born 1967, Married, One child,
Dr. Bahram Tafaghodinia
Head of Applied Entomolgy Department
§ Developed computer data–bank for insect museum.
§ Design computer program to identify the families of Chalcidoidea.
§ Teaching applied simulation in plant protection (MS & PHD courses)
§ Developed life table of Urygaster integriceps (the most important pest in Iran) and computer program to calculate it.
Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology
§ Head of applied entomology department
§ Established the product line of Encarsia formosa, the parasitoid of Trialeurodes vaporariorum.
§ Member of agriculture scientific board of Agricultural Institute
§ Manager of Scientific, Industrial and Technological centers
Forest pest and disease institute
Tehran, Iran (1997-1998)
§ Part-time research assistant.
§ Developed computer program model for dispersion of aphids.
Arak, Iran (2003-2004)
§ Teaching IPM, Insect Ecology and Biological control (MS course)
Ministry of commercial
Tehran, Iran (1996-2004)Advisor
1986–1991 Chamran University Ahvaz, Iran.
BS. (Plant protection)
1991–1994 Tehran University Tehran, Iran.
MS. (Agricultural Entomology)
1995–2001 Tarbiat modarres University Tehran, Iran.
Ph.D. (Agricultural Entomology)
§ Member of Editorial Board of WSEAS Transaction on Biology and Biomedicine, Greece
§ Member of Scientific Committee of Applied Mathematic of WSEAS, Greece
§ Member of World Scientific Engineering Academy and Society, Greece
§ Member of European Whitefly Study Network, UK
§ Member of Iranian National Codex Committee of Pesticide Residues, Iran
§ Member of 36th international Codex Committee of Pesticide residues, The Netherlands
§ Member of 38th international Codex Committee of Pesticide residues, The Netherlands
§ Chairman of International Conference of Mathematics in Biology and Chemistry, ItalyChairman of International Conference of Mathematical Biology and Ecology, Italy
1. Quality control of Trichogramma Sp. (1995). 12th Plant protection Congress of Iran. Tehran.
2. Sample size of Eurygaster integriceps (1995). 12th Plant protection Congress of Iran. Tehran.
3. Introduction two mite parasites of Eurygaster integriceps in Karaj (1995). 12th Plant protection Congress of Iran, Tehran.
4. Evaluation of pests control methods in Iran (1996). Commercial ministry report, Tehran.
5. Role of models in pest management (1996). The first Congress of Role of Promotion in Natural Resource Protection, Tehran.
6. Morphological characteristic of Encarsia formosa and identify key for Trialeurodes vaporariorum parasitoid (1996). Iranian Organization for Science and Technology Report, Tehran.
7. Effects of pesticides in environment pollution (1997). The second congress of Environment Protection, Mashhad.
8. Evaluation of pesticides consumption in Iran (1997). Commercial ministry report, Tehran.
9. Mass rearing of Encarsia formosa,(1997). Iranian Organization for Science and Technology Report, Tehran.
10. Pesticides effects on human health (2001). Commercial ministry report, Tehran.
11. Simulation of immature stages development of greenhouse whitefly population (2001). Journal of Applied Entomology and Phytophthology, (64) 132-149.
12. Engineering based computer simulation of population growth of greenhouse whitefly, (2003) WSEAS Transaction on computer. (2) 2: 321-326
13. Population dynamics of Eurygaster integriceps in Karaj, (2003) WSEAS transaction on biology and Biomedicine, (1) 1:36-39
14. Numerical simulation of greenhouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum) population growth, (2004). Proceeding of 2nd European whitefly symposium, Cavtat, Croatia
15. Evaluation of rearing of greenhouse whitefly (trialeurodes vaporariorum) on thin layer of squash fruit (2004). Proceeding of 2nd European whitefly symposium, Cavtat, Croatia
16. Mass rearing quality control and evaluation of Encarsia Formosa for biological control of Trialeurodes vaporariorum in Iran greenhouse condition (2004). Proceeding of 2nd European whitefly symposium, Cavtat, Croatia
17. Simulation and Mathematical modeling of controlled release of Ondansetron, (2004) WSEAS transaction on Biology and biomedicine, (4) 1: 395-398
18. LOTKA – VOLTERA type differential equations model of Trialeurodes vaporariorum- Encarsia formosa interaction (2004) WSEAS transaction on biology and Biomedicine, (3) 1: 316-319
19. Teaching to computer based on neural network model (2004) WSEAS Transaction on Information Science and Applications , (1) 1: 613-61720. Functinal response of Exochomus nigromaculatus (Col.: Coccinellidae) to different densities of Aphis neri and Aphis craccivora (2005) WSEAS transactions on Biology and Biomedicine, (1) 2: 128-132
Department of Applied Entomology
Iranian Reseach Organization of Science & technology
#71, Forsat St. Engelab Ave.Tehran, Iran